Monday, January 2, 2012

Busy!

Whoo! Happy New Year everybody! I can't say enough about the year I had last year so I might as well not say anything at all. Thank you to all the old friends who were there for me to have fun or lend me a hand when I needed it. To all of my new friends (there are a lot of you) you are awesome, 'nuff said. Like the title of this post says the past couple weeks have been hectic around these parts. Huis Ten Bosch's highest grossing season is Christmas and New Years and the time in between and shortly after, that is what we were told at least. And sure enough the park lived up to its hype. Some 25,000 people visited the park on NYE and holy cow we were busy. So I apologize for slacking in my upkeep on here, but I'll make it up to you by adding a few extra things today, as well as something new and exciting.

First of all, maybe some of you out there made new year resolutions. I urge you to cut that shit out right now. Hear me out. Its great to have good intentions of self improvement at the start of the year, but in the case of these resolutions, it tend to be more of a forced declaration, rather than actual freedom from your bad habits, which is really what you want to curb, right? Sure it would be great to tone up that saggy butt, or maybe now is the time for you to cut out tobacco or alcohol so you can feel healthier, but are those really the sources for what is causing you the most pain and sorrow?

Say from the first of the year you change your exercise habits. Now you are going to the gym, 3 times a week. After a month you are seeing little results, but you probably feel better, have more energy, and can push yourself a little bit harder in your programs (I am assuming a level of diligence not often given to resolutions). What hasn't changed after a month is how you see yourself in your mind, in other words, how your thoughts change the way you perceive the world around you. Yeah, you are starting to feel good, and have more energy to do things you enjoy, but if the reason you wanted to go to the gym and work on your figure was due to poor body image as opposed to an issue of fitness; all the toned butts and sexy abs in the world won't save you from how you see yourself.

So my challenge to you is this: tell your New Years Resolution to go fuck itself, you may have already done this, in which case, you are ahead of the curve. The next step is to analyze and inventory yourself. The older you are, the harder this gets, but its easy to take baby steps. Take time out of your day to watch yourself from an outsiders perspective, explain yourself to an invisible alien, especially when you feel yourself second guessing what comes next. Ok, yeah, perhaps I am more loony than any of you, but there are really good ways to figure out where stress and pain come from in your life, more often than not its internally based. Of course stress come from outside sources as well, that bear you saw while camping could have ripped your face off, or that time you got into a car accident on the highway was probably really stressful! These are things you can't always control, but worrying about that boy or girl liking you, feeling anxious about money, thinking that you aren't good enough; these have nothing to do with outside influences, but can be sought out consciously and conquered.

O by the way, did I mention that this isn't easy at all? Sorry to leave that bit out. Its true, for some of you, if you commit yourself to finding these things and overcoming yourself in these situations, it might be one of the most difficult things you do in life. But the thing about degrees of difficulty is, the harder you work, the vastness of the reward is exponentially increased. Plus then hitting the gym will actually be worth your time, and you will be able to see the results of your hard work right away.

I'll be posting some videos later that I will attempt to tie in to this idea, and maybe make it a little more clear. that is the big surprise. Look at me with my big mouth, ruining surprises. I'll have to think of something better to give you now!

No comments:

Post a Comment