Monday, December 26, 2011

2 for Tuesday

I kinda fell off the bandwagon of posting almost every day, which I hope didn't bother anyone, of course it hasn't, unless you are from Russia, which seems to be my highest locale of readership. So to all my Russian friends out there, спасибо! Please comment!

Today I'll give you two things, since it was just Christmas, which is all about spending money and giving things to people, these are for you. I didn't spend money making them, but to be honest I'd like to completely boycott all of these corporate holidays in lieu of just being with the people I care about, which happens to be all of you. Here is my attempt at doing just that, sharing a piece of myself, no matter how dark or deep or strange it seems.

This first one is quite dark, I'll admit. Written from a place of uncertainty and despair I truly needed the inspiration to flow for this one, and it shows as the words progress. The feeling is much different at the end than the beginning.

Death waits for this lowly adversary
eating his soul, turning his physical form into cream and dust
what will be left is nothing but what was there before
before the planet was formed, and cooled to allow us life on its face
as this transformation of the reaction takes place more will take his place
they ignore him, cherish him, think of him
not believing the truth that he is them, and among them
they will suffer his fate, some harshly, quickly
others will go slowly and let time ebb and flow as they lose themselves
their passing will be as unforgettable as the previous
and yet it will be lost forever, maybe marked with a stone that will wether
in a few more generations it will be as indistinguishable as its neighbor
escape the trend, become its forebear,
tap the soul that death holds the monopoly on
its wisdom, knowledge, and experience will guide your life
your purpose will save you and you will live forever in timeless harmony

Sometimes I read what I write and think to myself, what the fuck? How could I possibly have come up with that and how did I know it would be so applicable to my life right now. The truth is I didn't, I wasn't thinking about you or me or the future. The only thing I could see was the paper, or in this case, the screen in front of me. 

Next a shorter bit of text, coming after my writing had been stifled for some time due to new experiences happening externally and a long series of abruptly necessary changes. It was intended to return myself back to the path of inspiration and so it did. In the next week or so I'll be showing some of my works that I came up with not long after all of this came out, I hope you will enjoy them. This is not too exciting, but like I saw, it was merely designed to open a door that I had shut temporarily. 

three green turns to second unfamiliar in the ways
unconfident or just overly patient
maybe just complacent
concerned with what?
myself or my thoughts so irrelevant
so irreverent just let go
smile and make yourself one

No comments:

Post a Comment