Wednesday, December 21, 2011

don't Sink Too Far

 Exercise some caution here. This is written in the thrall of pure inspiration, as was my intention, so it gets kinda hard to follow in certain parts. Give it the openness that it deserves and receive it as you would a child or typhoon.

I'll have wondered as to why I didn't leave you
I let myself be broken into you
my soul, wretched and filthy laid bare unlike any other
the uniqueness of this act trumped by
the fact that you did the same for me
But in our shame we pulled each other in
not allowing ourselves to grow naturally in spontaneous fashion
we choked and poisoned and dragged down
on one another, until the other could no longer draw breath
Smoke clears, the sun can drive clouds and fog away
but what lingered between us when our bodies
wept on the floor was not tears or clear to either
or the power of silence working through our lives
For those long hidden expanses that fill the void created by good and evil
have been brought forth to bear the weight of their sins
For me, it was many, and my tribulations led me
to toil in my despair for many a full moon
But I was able to devour my appetite after more bloodshed
I found myself crying on the floor and picked him up
his face was contorted as he felt the full weight of
the energy he blasted from himself
In facing this demon I learned that I can
and cannot do what I do and that my judgement of the world
is flawed, not because I am flawed, but because
values intrinsically bear many flaws, often ignored.
In your time of struggle you pushed away from the silence,
driving hard into open water, where you soon found
that the same situations can repeat
and that is our doom, but for me it is not so
How can it be that two people who were equally invested
have such a disparaging difference in worth
The truth is simple and lies in what I have discovered
and continue to pursue in my daily devotion
Good and evil will forever be a part of who we are told to be
but these things are far from what is reality
God did not say after making the earth, 'this is good'
he did not see it and know that it was good
he is the ultimate source for the earth and everything on it
and so when he looks at us he doesn't think, 'they are good'
instead when we look at ourselves we think, 'we are god'
and then it is easy to go from there
looking around, one can see that everything is god,
so this notion of good and evil existing becomes obsolete

No comments:

Post a Comment