Monday, December 19, 2011

Escape from This!


In a more turbulent time I came up with this poem. I had turned it into a song at one point (bit of a reggae tune), but I forgot how it went. The meaning is pretty straightforward. I faced many trails at the time, and my expectations led me to believe I had made it through them all. O how wrong I realized I was. However despairing it may seem like these verses are, they represent a turning point, or leveling up of sorts, in my personal struggles, through which  I gained new insight in how to overcome myself and the problems that I faced or created. I hope you enjoy this one; perhaps one day I'll figure out how that song went and post it up on here.

I stand on top of this mountain
So many behind me I have climbed
Expecting to see a clear view 
of beauty in unending time
All that lies ahead now
are steeper taller peaks so high
a warrior i must be
to find my salvation

The path I'm on is wrought with 
deception and so deceit 
Behind me lies the familiar
feelings of fear and terror
Before i now the mystery 
of courage to face my story
While I rest I let my 
anger turn to ire

To be prepared on the road I travel
for what end I still don't know
courage is easier wearing armor
on unsteady ground it weighs me down
wrapping myself in it sounds so nice
cuz the world round me seems cold as ice
 if i perceive with my ego
then I must to let them all go

on this path I cannot stray
no matter what it is reality
my intent shapes the world
my eyes see through my lies

2 comments: