Monday, January 23, 2012

Its been a couple weeks.

I hope you didn't miss me too much. I felt the inexplicable pain of separation from your gaze, so here I am, begging for more. What? I can't say that I have been all that particularly busy in the past couple weeks, but sometimes one thing leads to another and I haven't been posting. Oh well. So on my lovely day off, I'm comin' at you live from good ol' Japan. For how long, who knows? I can update any readers interested in my current arrangements in: the next paragraph!

Big news! I'm certifiably eligible! What the hell does that mean? Basically its just the first step of many that is very important when applying for a visa. Since mine is a student visa there needed to be collaboration with the school and other parties involved. Now that I have that fancy piece of bureaucratic wastepaper, I am all set to go talk with the immigration folk, which will hopefully set up my move, applying for the visa itself. Now this is tricky, because I am already somewhat of a legal alien here, and I'm applying to upgrade my status from inside the county. Whether or not that will be possible at all is unclear to me, hence my looking forward to a meeting with the staff at the immigration office. I see there being three possible outcomes for me, I'll list them from most favorable to least in terms of future careers and current financial/personal effect: 1. Everything goes better than expected. In other words, I stay here, get my visa, study, work, play, and live. 2. I gotta go home to apply for the visa. This is good news too, I'd get a chance to see all you American friends one more time before I'm off to Japan for who knows how long. 3. They decide that I'm a worthless sack of human goop and ship my ass back to America. I am not sure why they would do that, since I'm already eligible, but I have heard of stranger things happening here in Japan.

So that's where I'm at, kinda stressful to be honest. Classes are supposed to start in less than a month, so within the next couple weeks I could be back stateside for an unknown amount of time. Don't hold your breath though. I feel as if I have sunken to the level of presidential campaign promises in terms of my reliability, at least on this matter for sure.

What is on the menu today? I have something that I wrote not too long ago. That time I was inundated with inspiration, and in my struggle to comprehend complete human interaction I popped out this little diddle. I hope you enjoy it, its all about you.

I hope there is still room in there for me
What I have is unwavering, creative and unconditional
I inundate others too easily with my passion
Resulting struggles led me to attempt to trickle
My inexperience is obvious, I under-apply or over-correct
but I haven't given up, perfection always takes time
what is right and good is always resisted by nature
if only to prove to yourself that you want it
desires receive little patience in my mind
abandoned for the sake of sanity or purity
all that comes from this is irony, for I am neither
the more this realization becomes apparent
the more I realize that I want to be with you

This seems to me to be self explanatory, but I wrote it, so what I really think is not only clouded by my own hindsight, but also, as every high school English teacher will tell you, its not about what the author actually means, but about as many different meanings you can get out of it as possible. 

Anyways, check out my other posts, I'll be adding more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment