Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Videos, you love to watch them, I know you do

That's right folks, here they are, some videos for you. First, two of my favorite videos from the web. They are part of a video series from "What the Bleep Do We Know?" which talks in depth about quantum theory. Of course its a few years old, and full of a lot of spiritual speculation, however I enjoyed watching it thoroughly, and this cartoony super hero scientist man is really entertaining. The concepts he talks about are not easy to grasp, but its explained in such a way that just about anyone can get it.

This first one shows what its like for someone looking "down" at us from a different dimension, but it puts it in the most logical way possible for us to relate. So we take on the view of a three dimensional being, observing a 2 dimensional world. Watch the video, its pretty self explanatory.




Imagine someone coming to your doorstep and pulling you from everything you thought was true and significant and then realizing that there is so much more that is equally, if not more significant, because its not held down by location or time. If only it were as simple as it sounds. 

Next up is some basic quantum physics stuff. No big deal really, but the last part of the video is my favorite. I even explained these concepts to a younger friend of mine not too long ago, using the same ideas he shares, and she seemed to understand, even though math isn't her strong point.I even explained these concepts to a younger friend of mine not too long ago, using the same ideas he shares, and she seemed to understand, even though math isn't her strong point.



Conscious thought and observation play a much bigger role in the world than most of us realize. I said earlier I'd tie some points back to what I had said about new year resolutions. Well this is it, part of it at least. Perception is a key driving force in the world. We can change our perceptions to see the world in a different light, and so it will become that.

Next up is an amazing video of young Japanese schoolchildren. No its not creepy or perverted, unfortunately, but these kids understand more about life and how to make it work than 95% (don't quote me on that percentage) of Americans. Its sad really that they have such a complex knowledge of the world and how it can affect us, but also how we can support each other and rely on our strength to make it better. For those who are tear-bags, you may want to grab a box of tissues.





Kawaii! That's just part 1. I haven't gotten a chance to see the rest of them yet, but I encourage you all to check them out. Also did you notice the date the narrator mentioned? That was almost 10 years ago, these students have all graduated high school now. I will investigate to see if I can find what they are doing with their lives nowadays. Maybe even try to find them while I'm here!

Last one then I'm done for the night. Up 'til 6am is not going to help me be productive tomorrow. This one is about feminism. I have no idea if this lady knows what she is talking about, or if she is just playing intelligent psychologist, but her arguments are logical enough. This video is kinda long so maybe grab some popcorn and relax a bit. Also, not quite the tear-jerker the other one was.




An interesting look at how evolution has trained us to eventually over-populate the planet, due to the very same idea that gives us feminism and chivalry. Well that's all for me everyone! Please comment and let me know what you think of the state of all this so far, any compliments or criticisms are welcome and appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment